Blog Widget by LinkWithin
OTHERSIDE OF MY LIFE..

Sunday, February 8, 2009

coconut in receiving room

I was born and grown up surrounded by coconut trees and now working here abroad in a country of which don't have or cannot plant a coconut trees. Yesterday I went to my friends place where she was working but they are waiting me outside because we are invited to a breakfast to the next building. I saw this interesting thing the moment we sat down in receiving room. Imagine the smallest size of coconut they displayed in their receiving room.A great smile on my mind and memories re-winded that when coconut harvest season during my early age we used it as a ball if we are playing in a nearby riverside.But here abroad is like a flower on the center table together with all those fruits offered to all guest coming in.I saw a lot of families proud of having coconut like this in their home .They are eating this like a special fruits but in our place we are not eating that ways, I mean we used it for cooking or any other usage .On the way to tourist center in NATANYA you can see a rolling store having most of smaller sizes and people eating it while walking around the area as if they are eating chocolates.Last year also I brought a jumbo size of coconut shell for a present to my employer's children.Something like a flower vase or you can make it as a glass of any liquid or we called it "hungot". When we checked by custom personnel at Bin Gurion airport , they supposed not allowed me to bring it in , they thought I'm from other Asian countries not Filipino caregiver.When they used to hold it accidentally my wet undies that I used to changed and washed during a stop over flight in Singapore falls down.he-he-he-he sorry not intended to do it and I'm not expecting it.Then they told me ..okay.. go!go!Go!...and we laughed together with me on flight was 6 more Filipino's.



3 comments:

Mom February 10, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Isn't it amazing how different cultures view the same things? Something so common to you when you were growing up becomes a special treat in a different world.

I don't know that I've ever seen a coconut up close. I can't recall ever seeing them in the stores here, though I'm sure they must have them and I never noticed. (Georgia, USA)

vhingF February 11, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

hi..Mom.

even that banana they just have one variety.papaya's too.

thanks!

Yeo KeeHui February 15, 2009 at 2:28 AM  

Greeting from Mr. coconut of Malaysia.

ADGITIZE HERE.